NATHAN ROBERT VARGO
Designer, Artist, IllustratorOBJECTIVE
I am interested in a full-time position with opportunities to demonstrate/develop skills in illustration, animation, design and/or other digital medias.EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
- Assoc. Digital Marketing Designer @ J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. - April 2013 to Present - Columbus, OH
Responsible for the design and development of marketing emails and web microsites with goal of supporting sale of a vast array of financial products and services. Tasked with creating dynamic graphic elements to make for the best possible registration experience for users interested in our online webcasts.
- Marketing Graphic Designer @ Cone Instruments, LLC - June 2012 to Feb. 2013 - Solon, OH
Lead designer of printed and web marketing materials for premier medical supply company. Oversaw the production of multiple product catalogs and promotional sales flyers for mass distribution. Designed graphics for use in e-mail based marketing campaigns.
- Designer/ Sales Assoc./ Marketing Manager @ Big Frog Custom T-shirts - Sept. 2011 to Present - Durham, NC
Wide range of duties include designing original vector-based graphics to be printed on apparel using direct-to-garment processes. Managing multiple (6+) web storefronts; their featured products and recording all on-line sales. Designing print and web-based marketing materials. Managing storefront, inventory, and customer relations. Job requires managing several customer accounts simultaneously on accelerated time table.
- Graphic Design Consultant @ BeMyDD LLC - June 2010 to May 2011 - Beachwood OH
Responsible for design and development of print and web-based media for designated driver service. Consulted in the redesign and recreation of brand as related to web identity. Assisted in the planning and execution of promotional events.
- Student Asst. to Ken Rinaldo, Assoc. Prof. of Art @ Ohio State University - Jan. 2010 to June 2010 - Columbus OH
Rendered and physically developed 3D models for use in international exhibition. Consulted in methods of modeling/lighting/rendering.
- Art & Technology Lab Assistant @ The Ohio State University - Aug. 2007 to June 2010 - Columbus OH
Assisted IT department by providing instruction to students and staff regarding university licensed design software.
Responsible for maintenance and security of university labs and equipment.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- The Ohio State University - Bachelor of Fine Arts; Art and Technology - Aug. 2007 - June 2011
- The Ringling College of Art and Design - Undergraduate Courses; Computer Animation - Aug. 2005 - April 2007
Expert with current creative software, including (but not limited to): Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Premiere, Corel Draw, Corel Painter, Maxon Cinema 4D, Autodesk Maya, Apple Shake
Expert in 3D Modeling/Lighting/Texturing as well as Digital Illustration/Painting and creation of vector graphics. Extended experience in video production using Adobe After Effects.
Oil Painting, Watercolor, Sketching and Drafting, Woodworking
Additional Technical Skills
Familiar with high-end fabrication equipment, including: laser-printing machine, multi-axis CNC machine, stereo lithography processes
Additional Interests- Basic Robotics, Photography, Holography, Basic Computer Programming, Printmaking
Aided professors in organizing their personal exhibits to be displayed internationally. Required coordination with fellow students. Responsible for the coordination and construction of several student exhibitions at The Ohio State University.
NATHAN ROBERT VARGO /e-mail: email@example.com / phone: 440.796.5749